WELCOME HOME! As your postpartum doula, I will care for your family and your household so that you can give your new baby the uninterrupted attention that he or she needs and deserves. Many people believe that women instinctively know how to care for babies, yet it is really a “dance” between the newborn and their new family that takes some practice to get just right. A postpartum Doula can assist families as they learn the skills necessary to gain confidence in parenting. I can start when you and your baby arrive home from the hospital, but can also provide services starting later if family will be helping you the first week.
I accept clients who are planning a home birth, birth center birth or hospital birth (vaginal or C-Section) in and around the Seattle area from Everett to Renton. I accept any and all clients: female-male couples, female-female couples, queer couples, older women, transgender parents, surrogate births, single moms, and moms who are considering adoption. Whether this is your 1st baby or your 12th you can count on Sacred Light to support you and your family through this amazing experience.
Postpartum Doula Services:
* One prenatal meeting (complimentary)
* Orientation of family home and go over early parenting plans
* Postpartum care is usually offered in 3-4 hour shifts (minimum of 3 hours; maximum of 8 hours)
* Access to Lending Library
I provide 4th trimester support through:
Education & Empowerment
- Emotional support of mom, partner, other family in the home
- Breastfeeding and/or bottle feeding support and baby feeding tips
- Sleep suggestions for the whole family
- Demonstrating newborn care (soothing, swaddling, bathing, burping, diapering, cord care, pacifiers, etc.)
- Help and education with breast pumps
- Information on normal newborn characteristics and behaviors
- Babywearing Support
- Cloth Diapering Support
- Attachment Parenting Support and tips
- Providing referrals to appropriate professionals and support groups
I am also available to assist with various light household tasks:
- Creating a nurturing, restful atmosphere in which parents may eat, shower and nap
- Accompanying family on outings such as to the doctor’s office, new parent support groups etc. (can be especially helpful with multiples or after a c-section)
- Assistance with helping older siblings adjust to the new changes in their lives
- Providing suggestions and/or preparation of healthy meals/snacks
- Performing light household tasks such as dishes and laundry
- Light housekeeping, cooking, and meal planning
- Helping the birth mother care for her postpartum body inside and out
- Running errands such as to the grocery store or pharmacy
Before your Birth I am also available to:
- Work with you to create a customized postpartum plan for your family
- Provide information on bottle & pacifier and infant equipment/toy options
- Help set up your nursery, changing and feeding stations
- Provide referrals to other local professionals for any issues that may arise
As a Postpartum Doula, I DO NOT:
- I do not make decisions for you, my goal is to assist you and provide you with information
- I do not diagnose medical conditions or perform medical tasks (such as administering medications or taking temperatures). Although I am trained in postpartum adjustment and newborn care and wellbeing if I feel there is a concern, I will always yield to your designated health care professional.
- Perform any major household tasks or major cleaning tasks
- Work in homes where smoking is taking place
- Provide transportation for you or your child(ren) in my car or your car. I can ride in your vehicle with you though 🙂
Scheduling and Payment
When I am not already booked I usually have open availability within the week. Occasional overnight shifts may be negotiated, in shifts of no less than 8 hours. In the first couple of days after your baby is born, I will attempt to be available outside of my normal hours if needed/desired for the first 1-2 visits.
My hourly rate is $35/hour.
For the most effective postpartum support and to foster a strong bond I recommend a minimum of 24 hours of care on a schedule determined by us (typically 6 four-hour visits over the first two weeks). Please contact me for detailed pricing and check my calendar for availability.
*Discounts offered for Birth Doula clients
*Package Discounts available below:
|# of HOURS||# of VISITS||COST|
|12 hour minimum||3||$324|
Interested in Postpartum Support? Schedule a free initial consultation with me today!
Click here for more info about a doula’s fees
Click here to check my availability for your estimated due date.